It's only 29 days!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Took a plane to go on vacation and stayed in a hotel [not motel! not couch!] for an entire week. Experienced a real lightning/thunder storm.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for this year? I don’t make them. I am making a list of things I would like to work on this year, which is the list I make all the time.
5. What countries did you visit? Just the U.S. I did go to the South, which is *like* a different country.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Inauguration day was a pretty damn big deal. <— stealing this answer from S. who stole it from spoggy
March 26 was my personal favorite.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? getting better at jewelry making, selling some to people.
9. What was your biggest failure? I don't want to sound all motivational, but I don't really believe in failure in general. Some things it takes me awhile to get around to *doing*…but doing is most of the battle so whatever and if it didn't work, figure it out a/o move on.
11. What was the best thing you bought? this year's ornament.
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? All those tropical electronic ones. “Maybe So, Maybe No.”
24. What was your favorite TV program? Psych
26. What was the best book you read? Langston Hughes’ I Wonder As I Wander [I know I have mentioned this before but 1. it is awesome and 2. I don’t read much anymore.]
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If it was over. Oh, wait, it is! HOORAY FOR 2010.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? There are so many. Today I am miffed about the cover story in this week’s Economist [women will make up more than 50% of the US workforce in a few months] that says “motherhood, not sexism” is the reason for wage discrepancy between the sexes.
38. Who was the best new person you met? I have enjoyed getting to know J. better. Also Coach Thompson is pretty awesome. And I have met and gotten to know more people than I got to know last year.